Learn About Our NEW COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Instructions for Dental Appointment at Chinook Mall:
- Please come alone to the office if possible. Drivers can wait in the car in the parking lot. Parents of minors may come into the office.
- Please do not arrive early to your appointment as we have limited seating capacity due to social distancing.
- Please wear a mask, scarf, or bandana in the elevator and when entering and exiting the mall.
- Please use the second-floor entrance to access the mall. This entrance is located off 5th Street SW, closest to the ATB and nearest to the Professional Building. The mall hours are currently 11 am-7 pm but the professional tower is accessible through the 5th Street entrance between 7 am and 7 pm.
- Please sign and email the Covid Consent form back to the office no sooner than 24 hours of your appointment if possible, if not, we have forms you can sign at the office once you arrive. You may also go to our website at chinooksmiles.ca and complete the form online.
- Please call the office if you or someone you have close contact with is sick or has any flu-like symptoms and we will cancel your appointment without penalty.
- When you are in the office, kindly refrain from touching your face or placing your fingers in your mouth. Please let our staff handle any removable appliances that you may wear. (Example; dentures, mouth guards, retainers)
- Please be prepared to provide the office with a credit card for payment of any outstanding balances owing.
Thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Dr. Lisa Mallett
To meet our commitment to our patient safety, we have implemented the following Chinook Smiles Safety Procedures:
- SCREENING: Each patient must successfully complete a 2-step digital screening questionnaire before entry into the clinic. We will utilize a tracking registry to log the entry of any person into the clinic, in case the need for tracing arises.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: To eliminate crowding, we are staggering patient appointments so that our waiting room is kept empty. We have numerous green social distancing markers to direct patients where to safely stand. In addition, our Patient Experience Managers are safely distanced behind Plexi-glass shields.
- DISINFECTION & SANITIZATION: We have implemented high-frequency cleaning protocols with AHS approved cleaning products. Frequency is above standard and all procedures will be logged and tracked.
- MASKS: All clinicians and staff will be wearing masks at all times while in the clinic. We are asking that patients arrive wearing their own homemade or medical mask. If patients arrive without a mask, we will provide them with one to wear.
- HAND HYGIENE: There are multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout the clinic. We are asking patients to sanitize upon entry and before exit, before and after checking out, along with throughout the appointment as needed.
- BATHROOMS: Due to the knowledge that bathrooms are a high transmission area. All of our bathrooms are closed, except for emergencies. We kindly ask that you use your own bathroom prior to arriving for your appointment.
- COMPANIONS: Unless a patient requires a caregiver or is a guardian to a child under the age of 18 years old, we ask that patients attend their appointments alone.
Thank you for working with our Team to ensure the safety of our community and families are at the forefront. We appreciate your support in helping us maintain a safe environment
We know that it may look a little different, but we promise that our commitment to exceptional patient care is still the same.
We cannot wait to help you achieve more.